Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kitten Named Ivy, Postcard Painting #19

I am grateful for the song of birds, the roof over my head, warm covers on a cold night, a floor to sweep, shoes on my feet, grandchildren, friends, a coat, blue skies, sunflowers, art on my walls, a mind to use, Brooke, the talent to paint and the gift of life.

One of the Art Helping Animals Artists is a foster mom for homeless cats, and she has taken in a new kitty named Ivy--a beautiful white kitten with one green eye and one blue eye. My painting of Ivy is on Claybord, a surface on which watercolor flows easily. I came back in to cut in a few details with colored pencil. Then I sprayed a protective finish coat of a light varnish over the finished painting which will allow it to be framed without glass, if preferred.


A Kitten Named Ivy
postcard painting #19
watercolor and colored pencil
5"x7" Ampersand Claybord
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2007
certificate of authenticity included


How to Purchase:
email artist@vbridgeshoyt.com
or purchase here TXSauce Studio Art

$4.05 Priority Mail
shipping to locations within continental USA.


International destinations,
please email for information.
20% of sale proceeds will be donated to
Tabby's Place Cat Rescue.



..........
Click here for A Look at Architecture.