Thursday, March 22, 2007

Study of Hummingbird Flight - SOLD

A couple of weeks ago while at the farm, I was awake and up early with the house to myself. After breakfast, I picked up my sketchbook and the colored pencils given me at Christmastime. The previous two blog posts were two of my studies. This Hummingbird was another, and there are two more still to show. It's very important to keep drawing and sketching quickly in freehand so as not to lose that skill. A quick study sometimes captures the essence, the very life, of a subject. I believe this is the real goal to reach for in daily painting.

daily painting study

Study of Hummingbird Flight
original 100% colored pencil
3.5"x3.5" acid-free Canson paper
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2007
certificate of authenticity included

$19.95
+ shipping and handling charges

Buy It Now
with no waiting for an auction to end.
There is no obligation to click and look.

SOLD

Questions? Email artist@vbridgeshoyt.com

20% of sale will be donated to Cascades Raptor Center in Oregon.
Read more about the Raptor Center at arthelpinganimals.com.


..........

Click here to see my complete daily painting collection.

Click here for A Look at Architecture.

3 comments:

  1. Nita,as someone who sketches not just daily but constantly, I totally agree. It improves the eye and mind as well as the hand. When travelling, I prefer my sketchbook to my camera, and find that when I return home the drawings and paintings are far more meaningful to me than photos. Keep up the lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blithe spirit of the hummingbird Nita... must be the essence you speak of I think! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, John and Jean. I appreciate your stopping by the blog to look. I've been predisposed for a while but have been over to visit each of your blogs recently: The Fool's Journey and Art Beat. Love them both. I don't know how either of you keeps coming up with all the ideas--John for cartoons and discourses on current events and you, Jean, for all that philosophy and those cheerful pieces of art. Both are well done.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!