Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunflowers on the Easel


This is my current oil painting in progress, and this is the corner I use as an art studio for now. Unless painting a huge canvas, I can work in a small space.

The sunflowers in the reference photo were some I bought last winter and arranged in a Finnish vase on the dining table. The tablecloth and blue napkin were bought in Arles, France. After I saw the fields of beautiful sunflowers covering the French countryside, I understood why Van Gogh painted sunflowers. How could he not?

email
artist@vbridgeshoyt.com

For those of you unable to see the eBay video posted yesterday, you can view it at this YouTube link.
..........
For a daily dose of architecture, please read Bridges 2 Design. Check this blog at day's end to get the latest post.
..........
Subscribe to email previews of V. Bridges Hoyt paintings here.
..........
View art helping animals at the AHA Art Gallery.