Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What is the one thing ...


Refrigerator notes posted in layers cover the door to the cooling box in my kitchen. Daily there is one note that peeks out from beneath the others. It always asks the same question--What is the one thing I'm not doing right now that, if I were, would make the biggest difference? Daily I thoughtfully try to answer that question. There are so many things. Today I think, "Maybe if I cleaned off the door of the refrigerator ..." One never knows. After all, it is said to be the little things in life that make the difference.

I have started a pastel painting of another Beagle to help out B.O.N.E.S. and will finish it late tonight, which brings the thought of sleep deprivation into my mind. These late nights and early mornings are too many. Perhaps a few eight-hour nights of sleep would make the biggest difference.


This is the finish of the "Amy" painting aka "Beagle Blues", a Beagle whose photo caught my eye on the B.O.N.E.S. web site. It is painted with pure sticks of pastel color on archival toned paper with a few white accents in colored pencil.


"What is the one thing I'm not doing right now that, if I were, would make the biggest difference? " ...anonymous