Sunday, July 6, 2008

Green Grapes on Red Platter

Back in the studio, I have just finished this small oil painting of green grapes left over from the July 4th picnic; thus you see the red platter. It felt real good to be at the easel again. 

Green Grapes on Red Platter
original oil painting
© Vernita Bridges-Hoyt 2008

I have resorted to my traditional medium which is almost nothing, just paint straight out of the tube mixed with a teeny bit of stand oil from time to time if the palette dries out. On a recent painting I had used Liquin which some other artists swear by, but it has taken way too long a drying time (weeks). Maybe that would work for a larger gallery painting or a portrait commission, but my daily paintings need to dry quickly so they can be shipped soon after purchase. I am hoping that painting will be dry enough to ship on Monday or Tuesday.