Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Nutcracker

Here we are in the dog days of summer with longer cast shadows and cooler days. Low 90's feel much cooler than 100+ degrees. I got in a day of painting on Saturday, first day in the studio in quite some time. I finished one small "daily painting" of a squirrel for Art Helping Animals site and started two others. I hope to finish the cat one on Tuesday or Wednesday. The third is a figure study of my six year old grandson. I have one other figurative work in process of my great niece and one to start of my great nephew. The summer flew by quicker than I expected and there was very little painting time to be found. Then there's the portrait study to finish. When those are done, I'll move on to paint the other children--my 11 year old grandson, 4 year old step-grandaughter, and a friend or two. In the meantime, I'll continue with the small daily paintings of animals. I definitely need and will find more painting time.

Here is the squirrel. I call it The Nutcracker. This one is on eBay for a 7-day auction. Click here for details.


"A conicidence is a miracle that God doesn't take credit for. (Wavy Gravy)

..........
Bid on Auctions through my eBay Store.
Purchase paintings at One Painting a Day.
Follow the escapades of Studio Dog.
Get Cards & Gifts designed by V. Bridges- Hoyt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!