Thursday, February 19, 2009

Vanishing Landscapes, Houses and Trees, colored pencil art


© 2009 Vernita Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • people • places • wildflowers

"Vanishing Landscapes"
6"x4" colored pencil on cp watercolor paper, unframed

Continuing the collage of my life in Texas, I painted this postcard sized image of an old house on the Whitaker place in Houston County, Texas.  The house has all but fallen now, but while I was a child growing up in the country, this is the scene we would drive by on our way to town. The 500+ acres of land surrounding this once homestead are now for sale.  I'm hoping it will go to someone who cares about keeping the land intact rather than subdividing it for import of pre-manufactured homes. What a beautiful site for a new country home ecologically friendly with a covered porch surrounding the house.  I would almost be willing to design and offer a custom house plan pro bono (or for a negotiated very low fee) just to get someone to keep this landscape intact.  Of course, I would rather it be me.  If I could afford it, I'd buy it myself, design my dream house and move back to the country.

~~~

Today's Blessing: Warm weather, Spring showers, Daffodils, Azaleas and wild flowers starting to bloom in southeast Texas.
..........

To view available daily paintings, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!