Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!


Lewis Bridges, age 93 years

LIFE.  It is Father's Day again, and each year I watch him get older ... thank the Lord. He always said he wanted to live to 100, and there are only 6 1/2 years to go before he reaches his goal. He still drives the tractor and hauls hay to his cattle. His love for those cattle keep him going day after day. He is truly a man who has lived his passion. Once when I was there, we talked about that ... and I told him that my passion for painting is the same passion that he feels for his land and his cattle. After that, he understood my drive to paint ... to live my passion. 

He was a handsome young man with a twinkle in his eye. After my mother's death, he told me stories I had not heard ... memories of their courtship and early marriage. Although his eyes are gray now, no longer blue, I occasionally get a glimpse of that starry twinkle that shone in his younger eyes. Today I will visit with Dad.

Today's Blessing: Time with Dad.

Texas Sauce Studio

V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places

To commission a painting or portrait,
email txsauce@txsauce.net
~~~