Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sunflower Saturday WIP.1


ART. I have been painting since 7 am this Saturday morning ... well, part of that was the setup time ... and thought while the paint dries, I would blog quickly.

1. Showing the graphite sketch and first wash of cad yellow on the sunflowers.




2. Experimental in nature, it's a
Sunflower Saturday. © V. Bridges-Hoyt 2009

I am painting with watercolor on a gallery wrap canvas this morning. The experimental part is it's a typical cotton canvas used for oil or acrylic. I have painted watercolors on them before and really like the way the paint reacts.

I'm giving myself a deadline on this one. Back to painting! Watch for the next installment.


Texas Sauce Studio

V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places

To commission a painting or portrait,
email txsauce@txsauce.net
~~~

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine seeing the paint fly. It feels good to be able to set the time and make it work. Take a few breaks but get it done. I am anxious to see it done. I really liked the cow with it's calf.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!