Thursday, October 15, 2009

From Bridges to Trees to Dalmatians, Texas oil

ART.  I decided not to rush the painting of the bridge.  Since there is so much detail in the ironwork, I need to think about how I'm going to show it. The painting wouldn't dry by Saturday anyway, so the bridge painting will not go in the Dallas show.

However, I did need to paint just for me so picked up an unfinished painting of a Texas landscape inspired by one of my trips to the farm. I decided to add a spotted dog. Started with brushes, this canvas was finished with a palette knife. The paint is thick and textured over much of the canvas. This one is a playful painting.


#9070


Dalmatian Landscape
14 x 11 inches
oil on canvas

I need a name for this painting. "Dalmatian Landscape" is too generic. If anyone has ideas, please email or comment.

The tree in the background is huge and is almost dead but still boasts a few leaves annually.





This painting will be listed for sale at Art Helping Animals with 20% designated for donation to Save the Dalmatians (SDAL).












Today's Blessing:  Frozen Pizza!


Texas Sauce Studio


V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places













~~~