Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tree Frogs and Ants


ART.  The Robin art cards are not yet finished, so I decided to auction an embellished giclee print of my original Tree Frog ACEO sold in 2007. This will be my $1 Auction for March 1st. I'll list the original Robin art cards as I finish them, but this afternoon is for art show prep.

TREE FROG
2.5x3.5 inches
giclee print embellished with colored pencil
© V. Bridges Hoyt 2010




LIFE.  Who knew the story of the grasshopper and the ants was inspired by the Book of Proverbs? 
Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and be wise! Even though they have no prince, governor, or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. But you, lazybones, how long will you sleep? When will you wake up? I want you to learn this lesson: A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest--and poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber.  --Proverbs 6:6-11



email V. Bridges Hoyt

1 comment:

  1. I like your little tree frog. I haven't seen any of them around here for years, but I do hear them.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!