Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ta Da! Birds and Cats

photo of Toya Cat at Rimrock Humane Society in Montana
Click here to view a demo of my Toya painting.

On Friday, a 6:00 a.m. awakening was late for me. Typically, I am up to greet the day by 5 o'clock. 
Friday: Today I took the time to journal morning pages and by the third page found myself writing a list of "want to do" and "have to do". The W2D list greatly outnumbered the H2D list, but the H2D list is more pressing. I would like to approach the H2D list differently to make it more fun.  A couple of days ago I finished reading Julia Cameron's Finding Water, the third book in The Artist's Way volume.  Cameron suggests making a "Ta Da!" list rather than putting all the focus on a To Do list. I like that idea and must start my Ta Da list as I go through today. To focus on accomplishments rather than on what is yet waiting to be done might create a little more fun through the day. 


I love early mornings when the birds are singing happily outside my windows. I would love even more sitting on the patio to be in the midst of birdsong while drinking my coffee, but Spring's allergy season is here. Unfortunately, I must avoid breathing in all that pollen that will bring more beautiful flowers in just a few days or weeks. However, listening to the birds makes me want to paint birds, so I've taken the next sheet of my Arches watercolor block and gridded it into smaller sizes for painting birds in 20 minute increments of time. The block I have is cold press but I much prefer to work on hot press, the smoother surface, because it accepts a fine ink line as well as it does watercolor.  I expect to be posting birds soon.

Cats like birds, too ... for different reasons in the nature of life. Speaking of cats, I've increased the animal rescue donation to 50% of proceeds for the sale of my painting of Toya the Cat in Montana, and I've uploaded a video filmed as I painted Toya last winter. Just click on this link to watch me paint.  Or view all of videos on my TXsauceStudios channel at youtube.


TODAY'S PROVERB:
Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing. --Proverbs 12:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!