Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SACRED HEART, Palestine, Texas

"Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it." --Proverbs 22:6
SACRED HEART  •  Palestine, Texas
ART. SACRED HEART, clad in a white envelope, towers toward a blue sky and appears as direct contrast to the Sanctuary painting with the red and pink background.  One painting complements the other. One painting is filled with energy; the other is peaceful and serene. Both are Spirit filled.  This painting was inspired by the historic Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Palestine, Texas.

SACRED HEART is a larger church placed on a larger  canvas of 12x16 inches, oil paint applied with a palette knife in impasto (thick texture). For more information, eMail me.

Next up--the historical Addicks-Bear Creek Methodist. Check back in a day or two.  The historical church series will be featured in my upcoming show August 28, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m, at the Garden of the Dragonfly Gallery in Old Town Spring, Texas. Click on the "EVENTS" tab above for information.
LIFE. A little rain yesterday brought cloud cover and the sense of cooler days although the thermometer and heat index still run high. With a break in the heat, I feel more at peace. I am working my plan but not as worried that I won't meet deadlines. Monday and Tuesday were filled with paperwork and quotes. Last night I painted until 2:00 a.m. Today I am shipping and will paint again  tonight.