Friday, August 20, 2010

BEAR CREEK CHAPEL

"Choose a good reputation over great riches, for being held in high esteem is better than having silver or gold." --Proverbs 22:1
Inspired by Addicks-Bear Creek Methodist Church

ART.  
BEAR CREEK CHAPEL
oil on linen-wrapped hardboard panel
10x8 inch palette knife painting

Inspired by Addicks-Bear Creek Methodist, a historical church on Hwy. 6 in the greater Houston area

A part of me goes into each of my paintings. Sometimes after a painting is finished, I look at it and wonder if you can see my emotion. Colors used, technique and style reflect where I was on that day of my life. Artists are generally sensitive people, and I am no exception. Every event, every communication, every experience will find its way through the paint and on to the canvas. If I am up or down, that emotion goes into the painting in progress. To own one of my paintings is to own a small part of me.

About fourteen of my framed paintings will be featured in the Old Town Spring Art Walk on Saturday, August 28, 5-8 pm at the Garden of the Dragonfly Gallery. For more information, click on the blog Events tab just under the header.

Email me.


LIFE.  "Rich" is a state of mind. Some people go through cash like it's burning their fingers yet call themselves poor. I've known other people who hold on to every penny earned but don't enjoy life.  Then there are those who truly have no money. When I was a child, Mom used to say that "rich" is not about money but about counting the blessings in our days. Definitely "rich" is a state of mind, and this day (today) really is the only time we have. Let's count Blessings.