Friday, October 8, 2010

Everyday Life with a Mouse in Hand


Petite Fleurs by Pablo Picasso - 36 x 24 inches - Fine Art Print / Poster
Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life. -- Picasso

 ART. Today I reopened my Etsy store. My plan was to start fresh with a new user name and store name, but soon I realized how much trouble and work that would be. The situation soon became a matter of WYSIWYG [what you see is what you get]. 

Mouse in Hand • 2.5x3.5 inches • colored pencil on bristol board
© Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2006
sold to a California collector
I uploaded a couple of "available print" images and remembered why I previously had abandoned the Etsy store. The image upload is a fast process, but the writing of the text description and filling in all the forms for shipping policy, return policy, sales tax, etc. is time consuming. Two listings later, I realized that Etsy will be one of those "inch at a time" projects. Here is an Etsy link if you'd like to bookmark and follow my uploads of available prints--two up, more to come.

LIFE.  Picasso had it right! Everyday life is filled with plenty of dust, dirt and grime. If you don't find it in your own house, somebody else will pile it on you and keep shoveling until you're buried ... or until it appears you're buried ... but appearances can be deceiving. "Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Tonight I made more changes to the blog sidebar by adding a category that shows the 10 most Popular Posts.  I still want to edit that long cloud of labels. Maybe next week.

... Thinking about Aunt Mollie and praying for her speedy recovery and some rest for LF and ML.