Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sunflower Decor

LIFE AND ART.

Yesterday I rearranged the bedroom furniture and also swapped out the wall art for sunflower paintings.

Sunflower on Blue Linen
oil on canvas
© V. Bridges Hoyt
These  four paintings now brighten the bedroom. Out of all the sunflower art I've painted, these are the only four paintings I  have kept for myself.  All others, aside from the four recently painted watercolor  postcard series, have sold. 

Sunflower Gold
watercolor and paint pen on canvas, gallery wrap w/painted sides
© V. Bridges Hoyt
In my kitchen cabinet is a package of sunflower seeds from Mom's giant sunflowers that I have been holding for a few years. This year I am determined to plant them and grow my own sunflowers. 


I also want to order the seeds for the tall orange sunflower that friend Deborah Quinn Hensel showed me. By springtime I will have painting inspiration growing in that perfect sunny spot in my back flower garden. 

Sunflower and Pear Still Life Study
watercolor on Arches 140# cp paper
V. Bridges Hoyt after Ellen Buselli
not for sale ~ for my personal use only
Winter typically brings on my sunflower phase, and our cooler days and nights are giving me the urge to paint more sunflower art. This year's free painting giveaway may be another sunflower but a different composition. We shall see how I feel on the first of December. If not a sunflower, I am thinking maybe a watermelon painting. The muse will have the last say. 
Sunflowers on Lace
(not for sale)
watercolor and colored pencil on Arches 140# cp paper
© V. Bridges Hoyt
More redecorating is in store for the bedroom. Accessories may change. A new comforter is in order, and I want to add more paintings.

For now I am in a Fall cleaning mode, and art studio cleaning is coming up on the list.  Once the studio is clean and organized, the painting shall begin.