Thursday, February 3, 2011

Texas Aggie Dog, watercolor painting progress #2

ART. If Degas' statement above is true, then I ought to be just about ready to do good things, because I'm not sure at all that I know what I am doing.

This image is the 2nd progress photo of Buster, the Texas Aggie. I decided to put the (ghosted) Academic Building in the background. I used to work in that building in another life that feels like centuries ago.  Really I thought I would be finishing this one today, but I didn't. While the watercolor paints dry, maybe I can get the first wash of color on the canvas for my next oil painting.

 LIFE.  Hardly seems possible that my blog and I celebrated our 6th anniversary together on January 27. Time surely is slipping by quickly.  January is over. February blew in with a blizzard even in southeast Texas. Nineteen degrees with a 4 degree windchill factor is just too cold for this Texas gal. I'm used to reasonably warm weather in the wintertime. I am so thankful to have a warm house. I hope the rest of you are keeping warm as I know a lot of you have it much colder than we have it here.

 

4 comments:

  1. He's looking fabulous, Nita...so strong...just like a corp Aggie. You do know that you've got to drop some maroon in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Maroon? Ya think? JK ... Thanks, Mollie! I'm glad you like my L'Aggie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I think this is stunning. I really like the building in the background - it adds a complexity and a dimension to an animal painting. The concept and execution is really stunning!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sandra! It's good to see you here, and I appreciate your comments. I've not had much recent studio time, but I hope to finish this soon.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!