Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stand Tall, Boxer, Small Watercolor Art

The power to tax, once conceded, has no limits; it contains until it destroys.
Robert Heinlein—US science fiction author (1907-1988)

Boxer Study #3, watercolor and pencil
click to view detail
 ART.  Stand Tall, watercolor and pencil, 6x6 inches, © V. Bridges Hoyt 2011

This completes three boxer studies, and I am now working on the larger commissioned painting. I have a good feel for Queenty's features and coloration, and although the painting will be in a loose watercolor style, the drawing proportions must be right to capture Queenty's likeness and personality in the pet portrait. For me, the sketches get the mistakes out of the way before I am painting on the larger, heavier, archival, more expensive watercolor paper.

My drawing board is well used and ingrained with pastel pigment and watercolor stains, all the better to show a working studio and the three sketches altogether.



LIFE. I found the taxation quote above on a little iPhone app I have. I have never heard the truth about taxation said better than the simple statement quoted above. "The power to tax ... contains until it destroys."

All quotes were originally one person's opinion, but oh my, do they ever make one think!

No more scrolling through pages and pages of blog posts. Click here to view All Available Art on one page ... soon with a new background. 
Any questions, please click here to contact me

Tomorrow I'll be posting a new dogwood painting over at the One Painting a Day blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!