Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Texas Sunflowers in Blue Vase

In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.  ~Kathy Norris



ART. Texas Sunflowers in Blue Vase, freehand ink contour drawing sketch, color tints in watercolor wash, 2.5x3.5 inch mini art card for collection. My art cards are original paintings and will be shipped in a small acid-free plastic sleeve to fit the art. Some people keep their art card collection in a binder, but many like to mat and frame and add a spontaneous original painting to a wall art collection.
LIFE.  Gas prices keep going higher and higher. The cost of living continues to increase as the years roll on. I won't stop driving to visit my father, but I will cut my budget in other areas that don't bring me much joy, such as clearing out the storage unit and cutting back on the hamburgers and quick food. The only way to avoid rising costs is to check out early, and who wants to do that?  I will keep living and collecting art that brings me lasting joy.

Kathy Norris said, "In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular." Who is Kathy Norris? You can google the name and come up with a long list, so take your pick and read a blog or join a Facebook page or Linked In page. Here is the Kathy Norris site I like—Knitting Muse.

I've set up a new gallery page on my website to show All Available Art on one page. No more scrolling through pages and pages of blog posts.
Any questions, please click here to contact me

If you'd like to cut to the chase and view my daily painting without the ramblings, check out my redesigned One Painting a Day blog.

4 comments:

  1. I feel this simple quote is a gift in a very few words...I will look her up. I love this painting with sunflowers. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a great quote! Says so much more than meets the eye. Hope you are well, Mary Helen. I am working to finish a boxer commission; then I'll be back to making my blog rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this painting of the sunflowers. Very expressive of a sunlit day, with the flowers catching the rays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, thanks so much! Glad you like my sunflowers. Sunflowers always make me happy.
    V.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!