Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Animal Art

In 2008 this painting was gifted to a fellow artist on Orkney Island whose name I drew in an Art Helping Animals gift exchange. 




I pulled Tracy Hall's name out of the hat two years in a row. A painted sketch in wash and line that I did of her dogs called me to dress them in Santa hat and holly wreath (above).

The first Christmas exchange in 2007 I sent Tracy a Texas Shorthorn oil painting (below).  The true Texas Longhorn sports horns about two or three times the length of these.




Tracy Hall is an accomplished, award winning artist based in Scotland. Painting a Christmas gift for her and hoping she would like it was a bit of a challenge, to say the least. My style is very different from Tracy's perfect realism. Click on her name. You'll enjoy viewing her art and accomplishments. I'm proud that I was able to collect a couple of her miniature paintings when we were associates at Art Helping Animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!