Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa's Helper

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." —Steve Jobs. 
MERRY CHRISTMAS
and
HAPPY NEW YEAR

"Santa Baby Dachsie" (above) is a painting from two or three years ago. This is oil on canvas, another small one 6x8 inches and sold for the benefit of DARE, a dachshund rescue based in Florida.

Tonight I am painting a commissioned small oil pet portrait which is whetting my appetite to paint more oils. I haven't painted as much as usual over the last year. I've been a busy mommy nursing a boxer pup through emergency stomach surgery at age 11 weeks and a few other scares as the year wore on, but Thor pup is 15 months on Dec. 18 and is becoming a young man. He still has the wiggle-waggle in his little nub of a tail, and he can't help bouncing like a jack-in-the-box, but I do believe he is ready to be a studio dog now so that I can get back to my daily painting routine. For the past few days while I've painted, he has lain near my feet on the studio floor, tethered to keep him from exploring but content to be there. Thor has become "Santa's Helper" in his own right as a boxer pup.


Twelve of my Hobo Poodle "I've Moved" card design sold Monday. I'm happy. This is one of my favorite wash and line illustrations. A while back, I ordered a sample of each of my card designs that is selling through Greeting Card Universe. I am very pleased with the size, the printing and the professional quality all around.

www.greetingcarduniverse.com
I've Moved - Hobo Poodle Greeting Cards. Personalize any greeting card for no additional cost! Cards are shipped the Next Business Day. Product ID: 539129

Holiday and Greeting Cards designed from my original paintings are available at the end of the blog. Scroll down to view card designs.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear the Thor is doing so well. He is a neat dog and the two of your dogs make up quite a pair. That Hobo Poodle is a neat idea and I can see why people would like to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Larry. Yes, Thor is quite a good dog. I never expected Brooke to last another year but Thor has lifted her spirit. I'm glad you like the Hobo Poodle. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!