Copyright

Texas Sauce Art Life ... ramblings about art and life. Published since January 2005. Unless quoting another source, all images and content are copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Houston, We Have Lift Off

I first came to Houston in the summer of 1966, then moved back to College Station until making a permanent move in 1968. Excluding a short 6-year stint in metro Dallas, Houston has been my home for a net 39 years. Yikes, I didn't think I was that old yet! In my mind, I am not. I am still working and painting and don't know that I ever will retire if the world cooperates and my customers continue to place orders. Enough about me. Back to Houston. 

Houston, We Have Lift Off!
dog art • watercolor and ink • 5x7 inches
#13009. SOLD
  

With NASA Johnson Space Center located just south of the city, Houston became known as Houston - Space City USA. Others tried to utilize the popularity of the name. [A proposed theme park-to-be in Alabama, Space City USA, never was completed.] Although I fail to find a reference to Space City on the Greater Houston Convention & Visitor's Bureau website, the City of Houston always will be associated with Space City USA in my mind.

I am still painting boxer dogs to benefit boxer rescue organizations. Here is a link to the most recent one completed of a boxer named Houston.

One Painting a Day: Houston, We Have Lift Off: 13009.   COLLECTED!   Thank you for making this donation possible!  HOUSTON Boxer . Watercolor wash and Ink line on Crescent board, 5x7 inc...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

Post a Comment