Copyright

Texas Sauce Art Life ... ramblings about art and life. Published since January 2005. Images and content © Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

SandBoxer Portrait

13010. SOLD
for the benefit of Legacy Boxer Rescue in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. 

SAND BOXER • watercolor and ink • 5x7 inches
on 140# Arches cp paper
© Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2013

animal, dog art, pet portrait, illustration
I'm painting as fast as I can but not fast enough. This painting is of Dexter, a white boxer who is deaf ... but Dexter doesn't know it. Dexter acts as though he could hear. Dexter loves a sandbox. When I saw this kiddy pool filled with sand, I thought "what a great idea!" I bet my Thor boy would love that too.  I took a little artistic license and changed the background a bit, simplified the plastic pool design, but with the portrait I remained true to Dexter's look. 
This technique used in Dexter's portrait is an illustration style of watercolor wash and ink line.

Tonight I'll be on to the next boxer portrait on my list.

~

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...