Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Great Dane Study

Art and Life 

Sketchbook Art

13015sk - Great Dane Study, pen and ink/pencil on Raffine sketchbook paper, 100 lb. acid free, 8.5 x 5.25 inches. This small study is in preparation for a larger commissioned piece.

copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2013
My artworks are copyrighted and I reserve all rights to reproduction, print or otherwise. Images may be shared by back link to this blog address. Licensing is negotiable, but my express written permission is required before any image is reproduced in print. © Vernita Bridges Hoyt ... Thank you for observing copyright law.


GREAT DANE STUDY
work in progress

Directly above is an image of an early phase of my Great Dane study showing the initial pencil sketch and a few ink lines as I started to define the detail.

Commissioned pet portraits.  vbhoyt@me.com



dog, Great Dane, drawing, pencil, pen and ink, line work, illustration, black and white, artist Vernita Bridges Hoyt

Life 

Allergies are bothersome this springtime. Blustering winds are stirring pollen through the air ... and simultaneously through my nose. Even the dogs have allergies. Two vets have told me that if a dog consistently chews on his/her paws, it is a sign of allergies, most likely to the same allergens that effect humans. Dogs have their noses on the ground sniffing, sniffing, sniffing.

I must run now. Today is a busy, busy day here.

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...