Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Boxer, a Clown of a Dog, 6x6 inches. Final.

The finished painting ….

SOLD
"Christmas with Noah" aka
The Boxer Clown, mixed media

watercolor, colored pencil and ink pen on paper, 6x6 inches
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2014
Thanks to Leisha Stinchcombe for permission to paint from her photograph. 
Sale proceeds from this painting will benefit Lone Star Boxer Rescue in Texas.

I'm happy with it, the painting that is. A good thing about painting ownerless dogs is that I can paint freely with only myself to please. I can experiment with new techniques. Yes, I'm happy with this one. 

The dog in the painting is Noah. I mentioned in a prior post that my dog Thor is a Boxer. Thor perfectly defines clown with his antics. Always I am amazed at how high he can bounce. Jump, yes, but the word bounce creates a perfect word picture for his exuberance. He is such a happy go lucky boy. More about Thor boy later. 


Use wisely what you have been given and you will be given more.  MATTHEW 25:29

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.