Friday, August 29, 2014

People Walking in Watercolor

The Lonely Crowd
9x9 inches
Maimeri Blu watercolor paints on white Strathmore 140 lb. professional grade, cold press paper
Artist V. Bridges Hoyt


I painted this watercolor sketch of people (and a dog) while in Florida in a watercolor class. The class was conducted by Wyna Woodford, Montana. We painted a town street in one-point perspective. I will show you my street painting after I've completed it.

We could crop the image above to derive a vertical composition or horizontal composition as shown in the two images here and below.

The mat may not appear orthogonal to the edges, but you will get the idea. This is an old toss around mat I keep for trying out different compositions.








Cropping this painting creates a new mood and composition. Or show it all and frame as a square, as above.





As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt - Painting the sauce of Texas
www.vbridgeshoyt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!