Monday, March 9, 2015

Resolutions I Did Not Make

New Year Resolutions I Did Not Make … 


I did not make resolutions for 2015 because I tend to make the same ones year after year.

Art:

Keep a sketchbook journal.
Paint a quick portrait daily.
Revise and merge websites.
Replenish oil paints and brushes.
Clean and reorganize the studio.



Without planning, I have already marked one item off the non-list by going to Jerry's Artarama last Friday to buy a new tube of cobalt blue oil paint. I left the store one hour later with $290 of needed art supplies that included a good $145 red sable brush on sale for $70 and a nice mahogany frame for my "Sunflower in Red" painting.

I am prompted to buy art supplies more frequently before prices go any higher, though I do get good mileage out of brushes. This was my first brush purchase in years. Some of the brushes I paint with are 20-30-40 years old. Buy good ones, take care of them, and they do last.

I'm anxious to frame the sunflower. It's going to be pretty in the mahogany frame.

Today, as then….

Jesus asked, "Must I do miraculous signs and wonders before you people will believe in me?"
John 4:48

Today, as then.


..........
As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 

V. Bridges Hoyt - Painting the sauce of Texas
Contact me through the form in the blog sidebar.

www.vbridgeshoyt.com - portfolio
www.vbhoyt.artspan.com - available paintings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!