Monday, March 23, 2015

Still Life Painting of Turnips by Vernita Bridges Hoyt

Turnips and Greens Still Life Oil Painting

Turnip Greens conjure memories from my past on the farm. Mother always had a garden and made sure she had vegetables of all kinds available for us three children to eat. I credit my mother with teaching me to like fresh vegetables. Good memories! In my mind I can see Mom working in the garden.

If you like the looks of this painting, contact me through the form in the side bar.

Detail of Turnips
16x20 inch oil on canvas
artist Vernita Bridges Hoyt
Click to enlarge image.

Turnip Greens Straight from the Garden
16x20 inches
oil on canvas
artist Vernita Bridges Hoyt
Click to enlarge image.


Turnip Greens
16x20 inch oil on canvas
artist Vernita Bridges Hoyt
various detail images


Contact me through the Contact Form in the blog sidebar. Ask for Vernita Hoyt's Turnip Greens painting.
__________
As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.

Texas Sauce Art Life … blog about art and life. Published since January 2005. Images and content © Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!