Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sunflower Art Trading Cards with Positive Life Quotations


Life has been busy, and today I took a little time to paint small aceo art trading cards in watercolor for one Facebook group where I participate and will need to paint 4x6 postcard paintings for another FB group.  I measured off nine cards to a page of 8x10 watercolor board and decided I would paint one composition and then cut the one painting apart into art card sizes.

The sunflower still life was painted but the background needed something more. I recently had been posting positive quotations on my Facebook page and decided to use some of those quotes on the background for each of the nine art cards.

The quotes made a nice backdrop for the watercolor and ink sunflower sketch.

Now to cut the cards apart and put them in the mail.

This painting is not available for sale.


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.  V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 
View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings Subscribe to my newsletter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.