Thursday, January 14, 2016

Boxer Dog with Stick

ART

Boxer Pup with Stick   
"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water logged stick will do just fine." - John Grogan, Marley and Me

Click the above image to view details and additional images. When sold, this painting will generate a donation to Lone Star Boxer Rescue, Texas.

LIFE

Jumping into 2016 caught me unaware. I was expecting a happier start to the year but encountered sad news on several fronts. Two friends lost their husbands, one on January 4, one on January 5, and a third friend was checked into ER with a brain tumor and bleed. The new widows are in the raw grieving stage, and the friend with the brain bleed has her husband advocating for her best care. He has found a neurosurgeon who is familiar and has much success with challenges such as hers. My thoughts and prayers are with all three friends. "May God hold you in the palm of his hand."

The next news was a sudden change to my son's family. The house they were renting was sold out from under them forcing them to vacate by February 1. That time has since been extended to March 1. Needless to say, the news threw son and family into a frenzy since my 18 year old grandson is in his last semester of high school. The least possible way to disrupt grandson's school year was to offer the upstairs of my house to them for a few months, at least until school is out.  That decision brought on another huge challenge, that of moving my studio and business office downstairs into a room that had been used as storage, a much smaller space than I have been accustomed to. Thus we have been decluttering and tossing out and giving away many of my "keepsakes" and unnecessary art supplies. The business files can't be discarded, and I am looking at purchasing more file cabinets and downsizing the office desk footprint. We hope to finish my part of the move this weekend. Then in late February, the son's family will make their move into the great room and three bedrooms upstairs.

I didn't mention holiday time which kept me off the blog for much of December. So there you have it ... why I haven't been blogging for the past month.


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.  V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 
View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings

Subscribe to my Monthly Studio Notes in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. Your email address is safe with me.