Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sam's Room, Texas Hero, Ladderback Chair and Desk, Sam Houston's Law Office, Artist V. Bridges Hoyt

I am pleased to announce that my painting "Sam's Room" has been selected for exhibition at the Barbara Bush Library on Cypresswood Drive, Spring, Texas. 


The painting shows the interior of Sam Houston's log cabin law office located to the side of the Texas Hero's dogtrot house in the Sam Houston Memorial Park at Huntsville TX.

ART AND LIFE

I am always fascinated by the memories a painting brings to me. This one of "Sam's Room" reminds me of a pleasant day in the park several years ago with my good friend Dot. Those were the days before Alzheimer's Disease caught up with her. As we toured the historic houses of Sam Houston, first president of the Republic of Texas in 1836, I shot photos to use as reference for paintings to come. I painted "Sam's Room" soon after the day trip, but for some reason I have never gone back to paint any others … maybe because "Sam's Room" was enough to evoke the memories of a good friendship. Dot was old enough to be my mother, and she was perhaps the greatest supporter of my artworks. 


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 

V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 
View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings

Subscribe to my Monthly Studio Notes. Your email address is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!