Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Make Lemonade


"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."


Make Lemonade
Vernita Bridges Hoyt, artist
ala prima study of lemons
on 16x20 inch canvas panel, unframed

This is an earlier work that has been stored in my archives. This painting was a study of lemons and glass. Painted ala prima (all in one sitting) in my impressionist style, this painting focuses on the lemons to the left hand side. I've included a close up detail image below. I have just applied a finish varnish to the oil painting to seal it from the environment. I will personally wrap and package this painting in a 16x20x1 inch box and ship securely to you within 3-5 days after payment, the very minute the varnish has dried. No charge for the final varnish coat or the packaging. Shipping fee is $10. Thank you for collecting my paintings.

Payment options include PayPal, personal check or layaway. Layaway includes a small holding fee. Email me for details.

 View my Daily Painters Gallery.
Detail of
"Make Lemonade"

4 comments:

  1. Linda, thank you so much! Every painting has a special meaning to me. I'm learning to let go of the past to make room for the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Vernita! The lemons are wonderful,and I don't know if you remember my grandmother "Shasher"...but she had a lemon juicer just like that one ;(((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patsy, thank you for your kind words! My mother had a lemon juicer like that one also. It may have been my grandmother's before her ... I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!