Monday, April 2, 2007

Red Rosebud ACEO #12, pastel

It feels good to feel well enough to paint again.

I have one straggling rose bush left from the beautiful rose garden planted 29 years ago. This rosebud grows on the lone rose bush. I think maybe it's time to rework the bed. Inspired by the tenacity of this bud to bloom, I decided to use pastels again. Flowers challenge me, and this is the first of a few studies I will paint in preparation for a larger painting of two roses and a bud.

Red Rosebud ACEO #12
Conte pastel pencils
2.5"x3.5" 3-ply Bristol vellum
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2007
certificate of authenticity included

How to Purchase:
Buy It Now with FREE shipping

SOLD


I am a founding member of Art Helping Animals Alliance helping one animal at a time around the nation: 10% of sale will be donated to Willing Hearts Dalmatian Rescue in Pennsylvania.

..........