Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pigtails, This Little Piggy Stayed Home

This is #2 of the Pigtails series, so here it is for your amusement, enjoyment, or dislike ... however it is that piggies affect you. They always remind me of the little ceramic piggy bank I had as a child and the pigs my dad used to raise on the farm. The newborn piglets were always a delight to behold.

Pigtails, This Little Piggy Stayed Home
2nd in the series
6"x9" pastel on toned paper


My Minnesota artist friend Jane Freeman wrote, " ... saw your darling piggies...cute as can be with that Nita flare...they usually seem to smile. My pet pig Chester was a golden chestire and she smiled I am sure!
 

I've included an enlarged detail of that piggy's face, so you can see the piggy's smile as well as my sketching technique used with the pastel pencils. They are fun pieces to do. The third piece will be a bit larger and is a work in progress.

I have added #2 above the earlier post of #1 in the series to keep the series all together. 
~
1st of the series [posted 4/30/08] follows below.
Pigtails, Five in a Row
1st in the series
6"x9" pastel on toned paper

I know you've been waiting for some time [not you, Martha], and finally! Here is my pig sketch... mixed media on 6"x9" Mi Tientes pastel paper. The mixed media includes ink, colored pencil, graphite and pastel. When I use pastel, I like to add lots of pure color, and this one has lots of color.

This painting was inspired by a Diane Finlayson photo and painted with her blessing. A 10% donation will go to the Gorgie City Farm, a registered animal charity in Edinburgh, Scotland, where the pigs modeled for Diane's photograph.

Twenty-percent 20% of this painting will benefit True Blue Animal Rescue near Brenham, Texas. T-bar rescued my Border Collie Brooke among others. The 20% to T-bar will be designated for their Heartworm Fund which they established in Brooke's honor.


Email me if you are interested in this one --  artist@vbridgeshoyt.com
"Dream as if you'll live forever... live as if you'll die today." --James Dean
..........
Purchase my paintings here: One Painting a Day.