Saturday, January 31, 2009

Texas on the Line, clothesline and old barn, western art landscape by V. Bridges Hoyt

"Texas on the Line" © V. Bridges Hoyt 2009
Texas on the Line, clothesline and old barn, landscape, painting by Vernita Bridges Hoyt

About the Place:
Typical of a Texas landscape, this barn differed because there were clothes hanging on a line in the old barn. I found this barn scene many years ago. I doubt that this particular barn is still standing, but there are others similar. The setting for this scene is again in Houston County which is the oldest county in the state of Texas. Houston County sits smack-dab in the middle of east Texas along the Old San Antonio Road with Crockett as its county seat, named of course after Davy Crockett who camped overnight on his way to defend the Alamo. It may also be one of the poorest counties, per capita, in Texas.

My freehand sketch provided the base for this mixed media painting. Includes 10"x8" mat and backer board. Ready to frame.

Media: mixed media
Size: 7 in X 5 in (17.8 cm X 12.7 cm)
Price: $150 USD

Buy it Now!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $6.50 USD s/h
Or, send me an email
Purchasers write to tell me the art is so much better in reality than it ever looked online. I post low resolution images to protect against theft from a few unscrupulous China sites. Be assured the quality of my paintings is held in high regard. If for any reason you are not happy with your painting received, I offer a no questions asked return policy. Just email for instructions before shipping back. All my artworks are copyrighted and may not be reproduced unless authorized in writing by me. Thank you for respecting my copyright. 

Collectible Original Artworks
by V. Bridges Hoyt

© 2008 Vernita Bridges Hoyt
"painting the sauce of Texas"
animals • people • places • wildflowers

10% of sale will benefit an animal at
True Blue Animal Rescue
in Washington County, Texas

I am a founding member of
Art Helping Animals

email artist@vbridgeshoyt.com
Subscribe to my newsletter at Texas Sauce Art Life.