Friday, May 22, 2009

Sunflower Dachshund, June Blooms

Look closely at the sunflowers on my drafting table in the image below. The upper one is my pastel painting of a sunflower with a face hidden in the sunflower center.  The lower sunflower image is my reference photo taken last summer at Texas Sauce Studio in Old Town Spring. Scroll down to see the full painting.



It took me nearly a year to finish this sunflower, not that I painted on it that whole time.  I started the pastel work last summer but in the midst of many changes, I put the painting away. It stayed on the shelf until today. Today the muse said, "Paint sunflowers and Dachshund puppies." So I hid a Dachshund pup in the center of a sunflower. The medium here is soft pastel, and the style is mine. I use my personal reference photos for inspiration. I love just picking up the pastel stick and drawing as I paint, thus my artwork was spontaneous today, and I reworked my earlier beginning.  This piece is whimsical and would be great in a child's room or nursery or even a breakfast room or kitchen.



#9035

Sunflower Dachshund
9.5"x12" soft pastel on Crescent board
unframed

$99

+ $6.50 shipping
USPS 1st class mail, domestic shipping
International buyers must contact me for exact overseas shipping charges.

Use PayPal secure online button below.

A portion of this sale will benefit Dachshund Rescue.

Contact for Availability