Sunday, September 27, 2009

CAT FISH TAILS, Breaking News: Cat Fishing off Galveston Pier Snags Trout


Last year before Hurricane Ike blew across the Gulf of Mexico, I took a little weekend trip to Galveston with my daughter and grandson. I came back with lots of photos and videos of grandson fishing off the 61st Street Fishing Pier which would be blown away by Ike two months later. I began a figurative work of the boy fishing and somehow, this little painting found its way into the mix. I still have not completed the figurative of grandson, but I'm ready to get back to it.
As is my way, I like to play with words in painting titles. Here, inspired by my grandson who caught one fish after another, is Cat Fish Tails.  Maybe the big one got away.
copyright V. Bridges-Hoyt 2008



"Cat Fish Tails"
artist V. Bridges-Hoyt
8x10 inches
oil on canvas panel
ready to frame

Your purchase will generate a donation (20% of sale) to
Tabby's Place Cat Sanctuary
For price and purchase info, click on the Buy Now button below. 
Then you can complete the transaction or cancel.





Thank you for helping
Tabby's Place Cat Sanctuary.



Today's Blessing: A new day, a new week ahead with time for living.


Texas Sauce Studio


V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!