Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Slow down. Get things right. Be flexible.

ART.  There was no time last night for painting, but I did finish designing the brochure. Writing the text was the slowest part, but it is done. Now I need to send it out for printing. When I have time, I will create a downloadable pdf version to post on my website.

Mildred Venitucci  emailed me locations of two more of the old style iron bridges. I'll plan to find them and get some good reference photos for more bridge paintings. If any of you know of interesting or historical bridges, please let me know where they are ... and/or email your photos of them. I have a keen interest in painting bridges. My name calls for that.
Thanks!

LIFE.  I couldn't have had a more appropriate horoscope than this morning's reminder "to slow down and get things right" before moving on to the next great adventure. The words of advice continued, "This is not a light and easy day for you ... but you can accomplish a lot if you're willing to balance your down-to-earth approach with your ambitious goals." How timely is that! It was just the reminder I needed this morning to face a more than full day, so I quickly adjusted my attitude to realize that this morning will be for a friend. My day job will just shift to start at 1:00 pm and end at 8:00 pm.




Today's Blessing:  Flexibility.


Texas Sauce Studio


V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places




To commission a painting or portrait,
artist@vbridgeshoyt.com 
~~~

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I use the word, trudging, but sometimes I just stick to it. Trudge, trudge, trudge. Sounds like a little hard working dwarf. I can fall apart if I think about how much is ahead of me to get done. I have found that if I can keep getting it right then eventually I get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing at a time. Focus on the small stuff. Thanks, Larry. It's good advice.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!