Friday, January 15, 2010

THE GATHERING, oil painting of Texas Beefmaster Cattle Herd landscape


ART.   vbh-10004, THE GATHERING.  Texas Beefmaster cattle herd landscape, oil on 9x12x1.5 inch canvas, gallery-wrap with painted sides.  $350

My inspiration and subject for THE GATHERING was a trip to the farm and a few of my dad's cattle grazing in their East Texas pasture. 

detail of THE GATHERING oil painting

at The Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, TX
April 10 - May 15, 2010
214-348-7350




LIFE.  There is no better way to appreciate God's glory than to spend time in the country where the skies are wide open and blue. My favorite way to start the day at the farm
is to get up early, walk outside before anybody else is awake, and gaze at the pastoral scene of cows grazing in a pasture with a forest of trees beyond. The silence at that place in time is silence you will never hear in a city. The country morning is a reverent silence with only an occasional soft lowing of cattle or an owl hooting in a distant tree, nothing more than the tranquility of nature.

By wisdom the Lord founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens. By his knowledge the deep fountains of the earth burst forth, and the clouds poured down rain.
--Proverbs 3:19-20

Today's Blessing:  Work!


3 comments:

  1. That would be my favorite way to start the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw a show about India and it shows them celebrating the start of the monsoons. Of course when it doesn't stop, I bet they don't keep up the party. I love the farm animals. Your cows have those western Texan horns which we rarely see around here unless they happen to be keeping one for the novelty. I think I saw you had rain all over Texas just last week. We have fog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And these are the shorthorns. :)
    Yes, we have had rain all week and gray skies. We don't have snow. We have rain ... and ice.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!