Friday, January 22, 2010

Right Brain, Left Brain - Just Do It!

ART-LIFE [all mixed together].  My muse apparently lives on the right side of my brain and is resting while I attend to left brain activities of  the day job. Switching back and forth between left brain and right brain throughout the day sometimes works well ... if the muse hasn't taken a vacation. This week the muse has been MIA.

Another project is proving to be a combination of left brain/right brain-- planning for the 4 Artists • 4 Seasons art show at Judy Crowe's Mustard Seed Gallery in Old Town Spring. Today I am designing the postcard announcements for this show and will be showing new paintings there March 4 - March 7 alongside June Oros, Shirley Stronach and Judy Crowe.

This weekend my plan is to get back to painting the family children--paintings that were put aside while I finished commissions and works for sale. The list of children's portraits is calling me, and I am ready to get on with the process. The first one to finish
was begun approximately two years ago. The image here is a sneak peak cropped version of my progress to date. All paint in this image is the first undercoat. Now comes the hard part of enhancing the colors, modeling the face and hair and body and deciding what to do with the background. I've an idea running through my head ... know what I want to do. Now to just do it. Click on the image to see a larger detail.

As always, there is good advice in today's reading of Proverbs. This is my personal study where I post a verse or two daily from the Book of Proverbs and think about how that verse affects my life. Follow along if you want.
Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it's in your power to help them. If you can help your neighbor now, don't say, "Come back tomorrow, and then I'll help you."
--Proverbs 3:27-28

Today's Blessing:  It's a New Day with new adventures! Enjoy this day.