Friday, January 8, 2010

Toya, Siamese-Calico cat, Cold Winds Blow


ART.  Toya the Cat is a Siamese / Calico mix. She is 6 years old and looking for a forever after home. Toya is being temporarily housed by Rimrock Humane Society near Billings, Montana. I have listed this painting here and in the Art Helping Animals gallery to help Toya find a permanent home. 


This oil painting is on a 9 x 12 x 1.5 inch gallery-wrap canvas with painted sides, so a frame is not necessary.

To own this painting
#10001 Toya Cat
$189

 Personal check or PayPal accepted.


Purchase of this painting generates a donation to

Rimrock Humane Society
Roundup, Montana

Toya is up for adoption.




LIFE.  At 8:30 Thursday morning I looked at the thermometer that hangs outside my back door -- 52 F.  Then at 9:30 I looked out, and the temperature had dropped 10 degrees to 42 F. The wind kept blowing ...
and blowing ... and blowing.  Friday morning the thermometer is below its low reading, so I resort to the TV weatherman to tell me how cold it is ... 25 F with a wind chill of 15 already. The wind continues blowing. Tonight will be colder. These temperatures are not nearly so cold as the northern states have had, but for southeast Texas we are feeling the coldest temperatures since 1996. The studio dog wants out, then she wants in, then she wants out, then she wants in. I easily become a doorman ... if I follow her wishes. Not!

Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn your back on evil. Then you will gain renewed health and vitality.
--Proverbs 3:7
In other words, "Don't get the Big Head!"

Today's Blessing:  I am so fortunate to work from home so I can stay all warm and toasty!



4 comments:

  1. Yes, Barney wants out, barks as much as he can in a short period of time and he is ready to come back in the house. I really like the cat painting. You captured a warm, furry companion who also would want a lot of personal service for it's needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous painting, Nita. she really looks like my Neiman Marcus with shorter hair. I wish I lived close enough to her to take her. I'm sure she knows that she is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mollie and L.D. I wish you lived close enough to take her, Mollie. Maybe we could get that airline pet service to fly her down to you. :) Border Collie Brooke finally settled down. Sounds like Barney has a similar routine to Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vernita, You have caught the life spirit in Toya. The wonderful feeling in this painting will surely bring this little cat some attention and maybe she will get her forever home.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!