Friday, February 19, 2010

Art Auctions for Cardinal and Seascape, VIVA paper towels, Proverbs, Immoral Women

ART.  I have listed two 7-day Art Auctions this morning. One is new, the other a relist with reduced start bid. For some reason, the blogger image uploader is not working for me this morning so I will give you the auction links instead. You can see the images there.


Cardinal Tree -- new painting / new auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/VBHOYT-Cardinal Red Bird Tree DAILY watercolor PAINTING ACEO art card


Galveston Seascape -- relist / reduced start bid -- last chance
http://cgi.ebay.com/VBHOYT-Galveston-Seascape-WAVE-Texas-DAILY-oil-PAINTING

LIFE. ...I use the best paper towels (Viva brand) to clean my brushes when I paint. When painting with oils, a cheaper paper towel ends up being a costlier one because I use so many more of them to wipe the paint off the brushes. Viva, a more expensive brand, ends up costing less when used in the studio because one small towel absorbs the paint and cleans the brush. This morning I used Viva to filter my coffee when I discovered I forgot to buy coffee filters yesterday. Viva worked great for that function also. No after taste. I will buy coffee filters later in the day. This is not a paid advertisement but maybe it should be. 


My reading of Proverbs continues (slowly), but we are getting to interesting parts. Songs have been written from these verses. Why is it some men have such problems learning these lessons?


Avoid Immoral Women 
My son, pay attention to my wisdom; listen carefully to my wise counsel. Then you will learn to be discreet and will store up knowledge.
The lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil, But the result is as bitter as poison, sharp as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave. For she does not care about the path to life. She staggers down a crooked trail and doesn't even realize where it leads. -- Proverbs 5:1-6



email V. Bridges Hoyt