Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rare Weather. Snow in East Texas.

LIFE.  What a gift! Snow started to fall in East Texas on Dad's birthday. 


(above) Snow started to cover the ground on the evening of February 10, 2010. 
The back yard light almost looks like a star in the sky.


(above) The fence row out back of the farm house at daybreak February 11, 2010. 
You can see the old dead tree that has been featured in several of my paintings (center of photo). 
You can be sure it will show up again.


(above) Mid-morning February 11, 2010. 
Looking across the back pasture beyond with dog tracks in the snow.


(above) Approximately noon February 11, 2010.
Dad cutting the ropes off a round bale of hay so he can feed his cows.
Neither rain nor hail nor sleet nor snow (nor age 94) will keep a good man from taking care of his cattle.

I expect you will see snow in some of my paintings this year. 


(above) Short video of dad (now officially 94 yrs. old) cutting the ropes off the hay bale. 


And on with my reading of Proverbs below.  Follow along if you want. More coming soon (Chapter 5: sex in the Bible).
Pay attention, my child, to what I say. Listen carefully. Don't lose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart, for they [Solomon's words] bring life and radiant health to anyone who discovers their meaning.  --Proverbs 4:20-22



email V. Bridges Hoyt