Monday, June 14, 2010

Stacks of Pillows

ART.  Another stage of my work-in-progress Boy on Pillows is posted for you to see. Now the pillows and boy are recognizable. I've added more blues to the French door and window beyond, more green to the sofa, and a little color to the boy's body.

Boy on Pillows • watercolor work-in-progress
© V. Bridges Hoyt 2010

LIFE. Today I could use a stack of pillows to stretch out on like the boy in the image above. Soft, soft pillows. The last two weeks have taken a lot of energy--physical as well as emotional.  A day or two after returning from an overnight visit to Dad in the first week of June, word came of a death--the loss of another high school and lifelong friend. The next day after the sad news, my grandsons arrived to stay for four days so I switched gears to welcome the positive energy of the boys.  After an exuberant week with the boys, I went immediately back to the studio to work on the portrait commission but my muse had hidden herself, and I was challenged to finish the portrait without her. Such is a day in the life of this artist ... or any other person ... however, I have learned that if I just show up in the studio and stand at the easel long enough, the muse finds me ... I don't have to find her ... and that is just what happened today.

I am confident that by the time this painting comes together, I will have found a stack of soft, soft pillows for myself.

Today's Quote:
Laughter can conceal a heavy heart; when the laughter ends, the grief remains. --Proverbs 14:13

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be a lovely painting, Nita. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, am looking forward to seeing more of this as well......

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!