Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Caught in the Act. Border Collie.

"This is the day the LORD has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
-PSALMS 118:24


What? Me Steal a Carrot?
110419

ART. The border collie pup is watercolor wash and ink line painted on a little 2.5 x 3.5 inch art card also known as an ACEO. I cut my own cards out of Arches 140# cp watercolor paper. The little ones are fun to paint (little pups on little cards) quickly in a loose sketchbook style. I have three of these little original border collie pups on art cards in my Etsy Shop. I ship them in a fitted, acid-free sleeve made specifically for these small sizes by Clearbags. I plan to paint more border collie art cards. If you love border collies, these are for you.

Then come the dogwood paintings. Three is enough to begin a series. More of the flower series (dogwoods or other blooms) will be painted on 4x4 inch professional grade Arches 140# watercolor paper. I'm in my groove now.

Check out my redesigned One Painting a Day blog.

Any questions, please click here to contact me


LIFE.  I didn't realize that taking in a puppy would be nearly the same as taking in a baby. The only real difference is the puppy grows up quicker, and I can leave the puppy in a crate while I leave the house (without being charged with child neglect). My son made that curious observation. 


However, I do lose sleep on nights when boxer puppy Thor decides to wake up early ... very early. If I went to bed when Thor does it wouldn't matter, but I don't. We're going to come to an agreement about his early morning whining when all he really wants is to go outside and track down the toad he'd found the night before ... or to chew on that stick I wouldn't let him eat yesterday. Thor welcomes each day (before daybreak) itching to get outside and greet the sun and the birds and squirrels alongside the toads and sticks. 


Thor fully lives in the moment. He rejoices in each day and reminds me to "be glad in it".

2 comments:

  1. Thor sounds like a neat little guy who gets up way to early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he is a keeper...in your family for his life and in your heart forever. He is adorable...my daughter and girls have adopted Domino...and he is a joyful spirit to our lives. You are blessed! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!