Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sunflower Mini Art Study #1

ART. 
110921
SUNFLOWER MINI STUDY #1 • watercolor and ink • 4x4 inches
© V. Bridges Hoyt 2011
Contact me for purchase details on this yellow, orange and red sunflower painting. 

LIFE. The days pass with quick visits to the studio to add another wash of color on the watercolor painting. Then I leave the studio to work on another project. The layering of watercolor washes and waiting for them to dry does allow one to focus on other tasks such as accounting, paying bills, cleaning house, doing laundry. However, like the days filled with many tasks and responsibilites, this method of painting does not allow me the connection with Spirit that longer oil painting sessions provide. Being one with God calls for a slower, more focused approach to life. 
~

To read or post comments, click on the blog title above or on the word "comments" below the post. 

You can view my daily paintings at the Daily Painters Art Gallery or see my larger paintings at Art to Live With on my official website V. Bridges Hoyt Design. Click on Available Art to purchase a daily painting, or email me about larger pieces.