Copyright

Texas Sauce Art Life ... ramblings about art and life. Published since January 2005. Images and content © Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Viewing a Finished Painting on a Collector's Wall

Dogwood Blossoms while in the Studio
(before delivery to collector)

Recently I was able to see this painting of Dogwood Blossoms on my aunt Mollie's wall. This has turned out to be one of my favorite paintings. The painting is not large and you can see the scale of it next to the long handled brushes in the glass next to the painting. This painting is impressionist in style. "Paint what you know." This artwork had much meaning for me as I painted the little brown jug (a gift) and the dogwood blossoms that were a favorite of my mom. Although painting has been next to impossible with my elderly father in the house, just viewing this canvas beckons my muse to the studio. Maybe I'll be back in front of my easel soon. Click on the painting to see the detail of this piece. 




Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Nita, I really like this painting. Funny how we can see something that gets us going again.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much. I am positive I replied to your comment a couple of days ago, but now it's not here. I've been having some issues with my blog lately. Hope this one goes through.
      Vernita

      Delete
  2. The best paintings motivate an artist's desire to create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jimmie! I'm inspired to find studio time.

      Delete

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...