Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

[Jabez] was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and extend my lands! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!" And God granted him his request.
—1 Chronicles 4:10 The Prayer of Jabez

FLY AWAY TURTLE
10x8 inch line and wash on sketchbook paper
© V. Bridges Hoyt 2012


Over the weekend, I completed this quick line and wash sketch of a turtle on a log. This thirty-minute drawing includes only the minimum number of contour lines to portray my impression of the turtle.

I was able to work a little on the deer fawn painting (in a previous blog post). The background had troubled me, but I think I discovered a fix on Sunday. Painting progress was slow. The weekend passed quickly.


"I am Woman," but as the years have passed I've realized how difficult the continuous practice of doing it all. The time has come to pray the prayer of Jabez.  "Lord, bless me and extend my assets and energy.  Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain." I am thinking of my Aunt Mollie Jones who is in the hospital and weary of life.  Lord, be with Aunt Mollie and her daughters. Give them energy and comfort. Lord, please also bless Aunt Sylvia and Ms. Polly (who is now 98) with your support, and give continued healing to my Aunt Billie. There are so many others in my mind, friends closer to my own age, but these elderly folk are the ones whom I mention publicly.



Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt