Thursday, January 3, 2013

Shades of Gray Tree Landscape 7x5 Oil Painting

13002.
Shades of Gray Tree Landscape 7x5 Oil Painting
oil on canvas panel
7 x 5 inches (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)

95. + 5. s&h

Shades of Gray
artist V. Bridges Hoyt 




As I painted, I realized this lone tree and landscape painting in shades of gray is a metaphor for the life of elderly people who live alone and die alone. Ultimately we each die alone, even when family members and friends are around us. The elderly need not be abandoned to live alone if we each do our part to befriend seniors, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, or friends. Out of respect for life, we need to befriend this older generation of people who encompass years of wisdom and life experience. Although some may be losing memories, our presence can comfort them. With an open mind, we can help them and ourselves by giving a little time and showing a healthy respect for the lives of our elderly.

I ran across an article which says it much better than I can. Click here.

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 

Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt

4 comments:

  1. Nita, your symbolic painting says it all so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kay. I appreciate your comment and your support as I get back to my daily painting habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nita you did a great job on this painting. I wish I had the courage to get back to daily painting. Actually I wish I had the courage to just paint in life.

    Love the place and the style this painting represent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christiane, thank you. I hardly painted anything at at all in 2012. I am determined to somehow paint new works in 2013. Painting is such a vital part of who I am. I am renewing the daily practice by painting 30 or 40 minutes each morning. If you can't do that, then try 15 or 20 minute increments. Don't miss a day and pretty soon you'll have a finished painting. My goal is not only to paint daily but also to avoid overworking the painting, so I'm trying to let the paint flow and when the time is up, let the painting be finished. It really is amazing what one can do in that short number of minutes. Maybe this will help you begin. Good luck to you, Christiane!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...