Saturday, June 8, 2013

SOS, Saturday of Shipments


I love sitting outside early mornings listening to birdsong. The little mockingbird must have found his wings. We never saw him again. Even with a background of tires rolling on pavement and the occasional too loud revving of an automobile engine in the 20 mph zone outside the fence, the birdsong chorus overpowers with a morning melody. 








Today I will ship two paintings (Ernie Dal and the fawn) to one person, a new collector. Then I will get back into my oil paints to finish the spots on Daisy Dal who has been waiting in the wings for too long.





The air is dry and cool this morning, cool for a Texas summer that hasn't yet officially begun, a good day for painting. I love Saturday! All I need is a fairy godmother to clean the house... A girl can wish.


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!